Watching a movie together as a family is a great way to spend quality time together. Many families these days are buying more and more movie memorabilia like movie posters.There are some wonderful family movies that are a great deal of fun for kids and parents alike. Here are the top 10 best family movies of all time:
- The Wizard of Oz: This 1939 classic starring Judy Garland is one of the most beloved movies of all time. Follow Dorothy and her little dog Toto through the wonderful land of Oz as they join the lion, the tin man, and the scarecrow on a mission to find the Wizard. This movie is well-known by just about everyone, and is full of fun, adventure, and a great message. This movie is a real favorite for children of all ages. For facts and fun about the Wizard of Oz, here.
- E.T. The Extra Terrestrial: Perhaps one of the most memorable movies of all time, ET is the story of a boy named Elliot and his newfound friend ET, the extra terrestrial, an alien who was abandoned by his ship when it landed on earth. This Spielberg classic is definitely a movie the entire family will treasure
for many years to come.
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory: This colorful 1971 film tells the tale of a young Charlie Bucket and his poor family, and how he won the magical Golden Ticket that allowed him to explore Willy Wonka’s magical candy factory. You can find tons of great information on this classic family film here
- Home Alone: What happens when a young boy is left alone to fend for himself, and then runs into two no-good burglars? Home Alone, the 1990 classic starring a young Macaulay Culkin and Joe Pesci. It’s full of laughs and surprises, and a whole lot of fun
- Mary Poppins: This 1960’s classic family film stars Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke. It incorporates music, dance, and animation to create a whimsical, fun film. Go here
for more information on where to purchase.
- It’s a Wonderful Life: When it comes to Christmas films, this black and white masterpiece still holds up over time. It’s a wonderful story with a great moral, and helps the whole family remember the true meaning of Christmas.
- Ghostbusters: For a great movie time together, check out this 80s classic starring Bill Murray and Dan Akroyd. It’s hilarious, fun to watch, and the ghosts are comical enough that they probably won’t scare the kids. The Blu Ray version can be purchased by following this link.
- Toy Story: This is one of the most memorable animated films of all time starring the voice of Tom Hanks. When a child’s toys come to life, they go on an unforgettable adventure. You can find out lots more about Toy Story here.
- The Sound of Music: This amazing classic musical set in the mountains of Austria is a terrific family film for everyone to enjoy. Many of the songs in the film are still considered classics today.